Special Use Permits

Conserving Land and Enabling Users

Some uses of WCA properties require a Special Use Permit Application. If you would like to use any WCA properties for any of the purposes listed below, please reference and fill out the linked application and return them to the WCA office. Activities taking place on WCA lands must abide by the MRCA Park Ordinance.

Some uses that require a Special Use Permit include:

  • Access to publicly closed areas or properties
  • Commercial filming activities
  • Commercial still picture activities
  • Events with 20 or more people expected
  • Live music entertainment
  • Weddings, quinceaneras, or other ceremonies
  • Fee collection (donations, admissions, concession, or merchandise sales)
  • Vehicular traffic interference and/or closing of interior roads and/or adjacent public streets
  • Use of amenities other than their specified recreational use
  • Any aviation ascent or descent into a WCA property


Applicants for a Special Use Permit are asked to submit proof of insurance and application fees as described in WCA's Special Use Policy. Please allow 30 days for WCA to process an application.


Please fill out this online form to submit a Special Use Permit Application.


If you are not sure if a Special Use Permit is required for a use that you are considering, or if you have other questions relating to Special Use Permits, Contact the WCA or call us at (626) 815-1019. Please be prepared with a description of the property and specific locations for use, so that we can direct you to the appropriate property manager. 

Any person using WCA property for a use that includes any of the above mentioned criteria must have the original signed Special Use Permit in their possession and shall display such permit at the request of any employee of the WCA or of the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA), or any peace officer. No person shall violate any term, condition, or limitation of any such permit.